Part of hiring an attorney is the admission that you need help with a legal issue, and the other part is coming up with the money to pay for the best attorney you can find.
There are a number of ways to find and attorney and the list below was intended to illustrate the best ways to proceed in the hiring of an attorney for your case.
- Search Commonly Used Resources Like Avvo and Justia
- Talk with people you know.
- Search for an attorney using a search engine.
- Do you know an attorney in another practice? That lawyer may know someone specialized in the type of case you need representation on.
- Check the phone listings.
- Look for an attorney directory featuring a number of attorneys and look at the online lawyer reviews of any attorney you are considering paying a retainer to for representation.
As you can see there are a number of ways to go about finding an attorney that can help you with whatever legal issue you may be dealing with. If you have been accused of a criminal offense or need help with a personal injury claim, or some other legal matter, it serves your highest benefit to invest some time and find a good lawyer for your case.